Tuesday, November 8, 2011

AEDM 11/8/2011

I am sitting at Panera sans kiddies going through my old jewelry magazines trying to get rid of things. Unfortunately or fortunately, I am starting to get the feeling that I really need to get back to making jewelry. As much as I love all things crafty and creative, I am thinking making jewelry may be the way to go. Granted, there are lots of different mediums that I love that I can use in jewelry making, which is a good thing. I think I am realizing that I need to focus on jewelry and start getting more proficient in different things related to making jewelry. This may be the first time that I have recognized wanting to focus on one creative area. I can and will learn more about glass fusing, lamp working, using polymer clay and ceramic clay in my jewelry making, using wire, using paper, and Im sure there are other things that I want to learn, but I am going to focus more on learning these things in relation to making jewelry.

I have a number of things to make that are not jewelry related, but once they are completed, I am absolutely going to focus on making jewelry. My new goal is going to be to become proficient in things related to making jewelry instead of trying to always learn new things without really fully learning and becoming proficient in one thing.

So, I may actually make something today, like sew my mother's Christmas gift, or I may just use this time of reflection and motivation as my AEDM post. The nice thing about going through old magazines, at least for me, is that I get motivated and then I get creative. I hope that I can use this motivation to move forward and actually complete goals!

Amy

2 comments:

  1. Jewellery is fun to make, but it is also good to try everything else crafty too.
    Gwen xx

    ReplyDelete