Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I read a fellow blogger's post about New Year's Resolutions and really liked what she wrote about.  She wrote that she will be making New Year's decisions vs resolutions.  Just the word change makes it more likely that one will stick with their decisions vs resolutions.  This year, I too will be making decisions instead of resolutions.  They may take time to actually accomplish, but my plan is to go slow and make these changes stick vs doing it all at once and finding that I do well for a short time, but it's just not something that I can carry out all at once.

My Decisions For The New Year

  • I will plan all my meals so that I cook healthy meals for me and my family and save money by only buying what I need
  • I will eat take out less often
  • I will start exercising so that I can be healthy
  • I will get my life organized so that I can feel less like a crazy person and enjoy my days with my family
  • I will make time to create both with and with out the kids
  • I will make sure that I keep a clean organized house
  • I will feed my body things that are good for it not things that make me feel sick
  • I will plan out a schedule so I can make sure that the kids get everything that they need,  physical exercise, mental stimulation, and also quiet time!
  • I will stop watching so much junk TV
  • I will start making more household products, beauty products, and most definitely cook my own food
I have a feeling that there are more things that I want to change, but for now that list is quite extensive.  Small steps make big changes!

What are your New Year's Decisions?

Amy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting the other day. I stopped making "resolutions" quite a few years ago. "Decisions" sounds much better, and personally I like to think of them as "Inspirations" :)

    We've made a lot of positive changes in the past few years, so I don't have a lot on my list right now - the main one I'm focused on right now is to learn more about making personal care products with natural ingredients - I've had some good successes so far and can't wait to try more!

    ReplyDelete