Thursday, January 27, 2011

Diet

I have been really trying to be good with what I eat.  Some days are really good and some days are horrible.  Yesterday, I started to feel pretty miserable.  I went to bed with a slight fever and slept horrible!  Today I pretty much ate whatever I could find that was already cooked for me and my family.  I left my husband, who was stuck snowblowing all day, alone to cook and feed the kids while I went to work.  I brought some apples and some grapes and ate most of them, but it took my 3 hour shift to get that down.  I did get some chicken from the cafe, but ate maybe 1/4 of the plate.  My goal is to start to be more faithful to eating well.  I know that when I eat well, I feel better.  Why I can't remember that jsut because something tastes good initially, doesn't always mean that I will feel great later.  When I eat things I know are bad for me, that initial feeling often over rides the knowledge that I will feel miserable later on or even the next day.  Sometimes I think that the fact that it isn't an immediate bad feeling makes it more difficult to remember that it is the certain foods that I eat that do me in.  I have spent a bunch of time researching different recipes.  I hate to say that I think I may be cooking a little different for me than I do for the rest of the family, but that often goes with food allergies/intolerances I think.  Hopefully, if I can get to bed and get a good nights sleep, I will feel better and have more energy to plan the healthy foods that I should be eating.

On the crafting front, I am in the middle of a knit placemat knit along.  Surprisingly I am almost up to day with the rows.  The next thing that I need to work on is my apron swap.  I am hoping that I ca get some time in tomorrow while the kids sleep/have quiet time.  I am really excited about the material that I got and can't wait to get started on it.  I also have a few tuck-ins to work on.  I am also working on a shamrock dishcloth as a travel project.  I definitely need to make sure that I always have a travel project with me so that I can take advantage of precious valuable down time!

Any good healthy food apps for an ipad that people know of?  Vegan, gluten free,maybe even raw would be awesome!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment