Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wishcasting Wednesday

I love Wednesdays!  Once again I am joining Jamie at jamieridlerstudios.ca in Wishcasting Wednesday!

Jamie asks


"What leap do you wish to take?"


This is a very timely question for me.  I wrote about the possibility of me going back to work and how torn I am about it.  I know there is something else I wish to be doing with my life vs working as a traditional social worker.  I think my biggest question is do I want to take the leap in starting my own business?  I love making jewelry (but haven't done so in a while).  Do I want to sell my jewelry, teach a class on how to make jewelry,  teach  class on scrapbooking, card making, journaling, or other creative outlets?  Do I like these things because they are my hobbies vs my job.  Do I want to go back to school for more holistic health?  Nutrition (not that I follow my own advice, but this was a thought I had in the past)?  I know what I enjoy, but will I still enjoy it as a career?  One thing I know is I don't necessarily want a job through the summer with specific hours, but if it works out the best for my family then that is what I will have to do.  I would love to help bring in some money to my family but would love it to be more on my terms vs someone else's.

So what leap do I wish to take?  I wish to take the leap of leaving my career/professional path that I have been following for the last 13 years and trying a new path with bringing my past career/professional experiences and knowledge with me!

What leap do you wish to take?

Amy

BTW-For everyone who leaves comments, I try to leave comments for everyone, but with 3 little ones, I don't always have the time.  I love reading all your blogs and get very inspired by all that I read!

13 comments:

  1. I hope you figure out on which path to leap!

    As Amy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Amy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. I'm in a similar place of not knowing career-wise where I am heading exept that I know that I refuse to go back to where I was most recently. Keep searching. You'll find the right place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard to figure out your path. I hope that you figure out the path to leap to.
    As Amy wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as amy wishes for herself, i wish for her also. blessings on paving your new path. i'm right there with you on this meandering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Amy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    It will be interesting to see what area of interest this big leap will take you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As Amy wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

    I got chills reading this! Light ahead to a magnificent leap into you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so know those questions you are raising ... taking a passion and making it into a career is tricky for me ... and being able to manage things in terms of what is best for me, my family, our schedules ... so many layers to consider. It is exciting to know so many possibilities are out there for you!

    As Amy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As Amy wishes for herself, I wish for her as well. Your pictures last week spoke volumes. You have so many talents and hopefully they will lead you to the path that is right for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As Amy wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. as Amy wishes for herself so i wish for her also.... blessed leaping

    ReplyDelete
  11. As Amy wishes for herself, soI wish for her also. It is hard to do... but you can make the switch..

    ReplyDelete
  12. you go for it Amy , you don't want to go through this life and live on what ifs , so go for it!

    As Amy wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish for you your desires! Whatever you decide, you will feel stronger because you will OWN the decision :)

    ReplyDelete