Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New recipes

Last night I made Adzuki beans with 5 spice blend http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=16324.  It was so good!  Tonight I am making cannellini beans http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Sauteed-Greens-with-Cannellini-Beans-and-Garlic-241906  I am really looking forward to this recipe too.  The rest of the week will be food that we have already tried before!

 I love eating beans now.  I never really ate beans other than baked beans,  Then when I was older I started trying new foods such as indian lentils, hummus, black bean soup, and maybe refried beans.  It is such an inexpensive way to eat and so healthy for you.  I love trying new recipes!  I can't wait to try more recipes for other beans.

I need to start transplanting more of my seedlings into bigger pots.  I can't wait to have a garden!  I think maybe this weekend, we'll be spending some time getting things ready for the garden.  I will be planting my seedlings hopefully then end of May.  Hopefully they will survive until then. I'm sure we will have to buy some plants already started, but I can't wait to get out in the garden and pick my own veggies instead of having to go to the store.  How nice will it be to just go out to the back yard and pick veggies and herbs fresh for dinner.

I am getting so exciting for my garden!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment