Thursday, April 1, 2010

Confession

So, I write about all these lofty goals, and I really do try hard to follow through, but sometimes I am so weak when it comes to food.  Tonight we ate out instead of trying the Chickpea tangine that I wanted to try.  I had the best plans for eating healthy!  I will start over tomorrow and try to follow through with what I want to truly do!  I am trying so hard to be a better, healthier person and it is so hard.  I will continue to try to follow what I truly want out of life and be the person that I want to be.  Also, I will continue to try to be the mother and the person I want to be for my children.

Thanks to all who read my blog and comment on the posts.

Amy

3 comments:

  1. I have tons of good recipes I want to share with you. It's funny, because I have NO desire to be vegetarian but I end liking things that are vegetarian or could easily do without the meat. Go figure!

    And to add to your post, I think changing my eating habits (I want to do more natural, whole foods and more locally sourced foods) is the hardest change I've had to make. There is no training for this sort of thing unless your family did it that way when you were growing up. We were a Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese kind of family, so I have a LONG way to go. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole-I'd love the recipes. It's funny how I am finding that I can usually do without meat, but sometimes I just want it. This really is probably the hardest thing that I've done. My eating habits have been horrible in the past. They are getting better, but it's a constant battle and sometimes it's one I don't feel like I'm winning. I just need to remember That just because I take a step back, doesn't mean that I can't move foreword even further than I had been before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't beat yourself up--you're making a HUGE change. Small steps will eventually add up to big changes, so celebrate even the little changes!

    I don't know if you'd be interested, but let me know if you want to write for our eat local New England blog. It's kind of slow now in the off-season, but I expect it to pick back up as the season progresses :) http://localnewengland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete