Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Healthier Me: body mind and spirit

So, recently, I have been writing about becoming a vegetarian.  Like most things in my life, I start out doing great and then, I get lazy, forget the drive I initially had and way too many other excuses.  Then, I see something, read something and it gets my drive going again.

My husband has been struggling with some health issues like high blood pressure and weight issues, and others.  Granted his life over the last few years has been quite stressful and finally things are slowing down.  He is finally sleeping, enjoying his job, enjoying life.  Now, we need to start eating better.  He is doing a much better job at it than I am.  I started off planing dinners, decreasing our meat intake and increasing our bean intake and our veggie intake.  He bring his lunch to school every day and it is usually something healthy, which I should eat, but at home I have too many thing that tempt me and with 3 kids 2 and under, sometimes I give in to temptation and cravings way too often.  I need to lose weight and exercise so that I can be a lot healthier than I am right now.  I had pregnancy induced hypertension that took a long time to go away and even now, even though it is stable and I am no longer taking medication, I still need to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle.  That includes, eating healthier, exercising, practicing stress reduction, and going along with stress reduction, being more creative.

Given that I live in New England I am very much looking forward to spring coming and getting out with my kids.  I think getting out in the fresh air is going to be helpful all around, helping me be a healthier me:body, mind, and spirit.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment