Friday, March 12, 2010

Getting Crafty

On my http://thiscrazylife-amy.blogspot.com I wrote about my love of creativity and my desire to get my kids involved in being creative.  The biggest problem I am finding right now is trying to find the time to work on my projects.  I think I will either have to schedule a specific time for my projects, say when the kids are napping or in bed for the night.  I think this will make things a little easier or I will just have to put off projects until they are a little older.  I do try to make sure that I do creative things that need to be done instead of taking the easy way out, say making Thank-you cards or if I can remember in time, birthday cards.

I am hoping that now that the kids are a little older, they can start doing crafty things too.  I know that the twins are probably a little too young, but I think maybe I can start them out with something like finger painting with pudding?  I think Michael may be old enough to start to use crayons a little.  Maybe if I start working with them now, when they are a little older, I can create along with them.   Then I can get some projects of my own completed and we can start doing things together.

I am hoping that the kids are going to enjoy being creative as both my husband and I enjoy this.  I have too many loves to name all, but I love paper crafts, knitting, sewing, making jewelry, and so much more.  My husband is a shop teacher and a woodworker and I love that kind of stuff too.

If anyone has any suggestions for a craft kit for little ones, please comment your suggestions.  Also if there are projects that have worked for you or that you or your kids enjoyed, please comment on that also.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment