Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pork chops and new Christmas craft

We had pork chops for dinner.  I needed to find a new way of cooking them.  I was tired of having pork chops under the broiler or on the grill.  I found a recipe from Rachel Ray on Foodtv.com and decided to tweak it somewhat given the ingredients that I had on hand.  I made a sauce with Zinfandel wine, chicken stock, onions, craisins, and goat cheese.  I wasn't sure how it would come out, but I loved it.  I never tweak recipes.  I pretty much follow them word for word with maybe a small decrease/increase in the amounts of non major ingredients or maybe swapping an ingredient that I don't have, but not anything major.  I was so proud of myself with this recipe.  I will make sure that I write down what I used and the approximate amounts.

I also found a great new project.  On http://pinkandgreenmama.blogspot.com/2009/12/homemade-christmas-gifts-redwork-hand.html I found my newest craft project.  I traced all 3 kids' hands and will be embroidering the outline of their hand along with their name and the date.  It seems like a simple project that shouldn't take too much time, yet something that will mean so much when they are older.  This may even be a gift for someone or maybe a couple of people, but definitely a project for me to keep.

The other project is making cookies for Christmas gifts for the neighbors.  I think I am going to make the 12 days of cookies for these gifts.  I am really looking forward to baking.  I love cooking/baking and am definitely enjoying making food for my family.

I am loving being a SAHM.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment