Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday

I have been so tired trying to find a deoderant that works,yet doesn't leave a wicked film under my arms. I have tried so many deoderants and anti-perspirants, from that regular secret type drug strore varieties to the totally natural salt crystals. I decided that I would try to make my own. I found what seems to be a decent recipe consisting of baking soda, cornstarch, coconut oil, and lavender oil (tea tree oil also works supossedly). So far so good, but I haven't attempted anything during the day yet. Tomorrow will be the true test of how it works. I hope it works since I love the smell and can only imagine that it is going to leave my underarms feeling much better than the drug store varieties!

I have so many projects to work on! I wrote down what I need to complete over the next couple of months and can't believe what I have to do. I love making things, but can't seem to find the time that I would like to have. I guess that is what happend when you have 3 kids under a year and a half. I have to say though, I wouldn't change a thing about my life. I have the best husband and the best 3 children anyone could ask for. My husband is so supportive of my wish to be more natural and more holisitic.

As a family, this summer we have gone to so many farms and farmer's markets. Tonight for dinner we had a chicken from Tendercrop Farm in Newbury, purple potatoes from a farm in Hamilton, and Amaranth greens from the Hmong Farmers. Such a good dinner, even Michael my 17 1/2 month old liked everything. My plan is to continue to cook most of our food myself. With winter coming sooner than later, I guess we'll go back to buying food from the grocery store.

I'll post how thge deoderant works and any further natural things that i do.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment