Monday, August 31, 2009

Newest concoction

So, the handmade deodorant is going well. I love that there is no film left under my arms, yet I don't stink. I have been using baking soda and salt with some peppermint oil mixed in for my toothpaste. I never thought that I would use baking soda or salt as toothpaste, but I am and I am actually enjoying it. I need to start ordering some things to make creams, soaps, and various other necessary household things. I also made some floral smelling oil from Organic Body Care Recipes by Stephanie Tourles. I did switch out the rose oil for bergamot oil, yet it still seems to work. I need to learn more about essential oils/aromatherapy and then I can hopefully make my own blends. I will also be trying my hand at natural housecleaners. Hopefully thy'll work well and I won't have to have dangerous concoctions around with the 3 kiddos.

Oh, I also started knitting the sweater for my daughter's christening outfit. The dress is sleeveless and the Christening is in Oct. Now I still have to make my sons' outfits and also 2 halloween costumes!

Stay tuned for more natural and handmade things.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment